Applying for the ESTA / Visa Waiver ( Step-By-Step)
We often get questions from people in Ireland, the UK (Great Britain) and other countries asking “How do I apply for the ESTA?” The ESTA is also called the “Visa Waiver” or “90-day Visa Waiver”. We’ll call it ESTA from now on and keep things simple. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to get an ESTA.
1. Confirm you are eligible.
The following are countries are eligible for the ESTA program:
2. Next, you must create an application by clicking to create a ‘NEW APPLICATION‘ on the ESTA application page (see link below after you review full instructions).
3. You will then be taken to the application and asked for your information. The information requested varies from contact information to things such as current employment information, your past US Immigration history, and questions on if you have committed any crimes, etc.
4. After providing your information, you are then asked to review and confirm your application. Very Important: Be 100% honest when answering all questions, should your application be denied there is most often another way to get you into the USA for your trip.
5. After reviewing and confirming, then you are asked to submit payment of US $14 (depending on the conversion rate which changes all of the time this will cost around €10 per applicant).
6. If your application for the ESTA (also known as Visa Waiver) is denied, then contact our office ASAP and speak with an attorney about your legal rights. Our attorneys will review your case, provide you with options and strategize on how best to get you back into the States just as soon as possible.
7. If approved, head off and enjoy your holidays. I hear Florida is nice this time of year.